For further details on using our Services, please refer to our Terms and Conditions available on the Marvin’s Mary J website at: https://www.marvinsmaryj.com/terms-conditions
By using Company’s Services, including its website, you agree to be bound by the Company’s Legal Disclaimers published on its website that are expressly incorporated into this Agreement by this reference. To access the Legal Disclaimers, visit the Website at marvinsmaryj.com, and then click on the Legal Disclaimers hyperlink.
No Use of the Services by Persons Under 21 Permitted
The Company intends only persons who are 21 years or older to use the Services. Any use of the Services by persons under the age of 21 is strictly prohibited.
Our Services, including our website, are intended for a mature audience. We do not direct any of our content at children. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a website user is under legal age, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account. Do not supply to us or disclose on the Services any personal information of any person under legal age, as we do not intend to collect information from anyone under legal age or invite them to participate in the Services.
Cannabis Use in Society
Not everyone accepts cannabis use as permissible. For example, some employers may have anti-drug policies that disallow cannabis use.
You acknowledge that by interacting with Marvin’s Mary J Services, providing your information to Marvin’s Mary J, allowing Marvin’s Mary J to collect data about you, permitting Marvin’s Mary J to send you communications, or using Marvin’s Mary J products could imply to employers, friends, family, or others that you are a cannabis product user, which could have unwanted social, legal, employment, economic, or other impacts that could affect you, including, but not limited to, your loss of employment, and that Marvin’s Mary J shall not be held liable for damages arising out of or connected with the foregoing because your use of the Services and Marvin’s Mary J products are solely at your own risk.
Information Collection Practices
When you visit our Services, we may collect information from or about you (“personal information”).
What Basic Information Does Marvin’s Mary J Collect?
We may ask you for certain personal information in order for you to access the Services, or as part of your use of the Services. Such personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, date of birth, age, gender, state of residence, e-mail address, telephone number, financial data (which may include your credit card or debit card number), and other information which identifies you. If you visit one of our retail locations or request product delivery, we may also collect personal information from your government identification card when you provide it to us, including your name, address, picture, driver license or other government identification card number, and any other information on your government identification card, as well as video, audio, and images that we capture from our security cameras inside and around our retail locations. If you choose to register on our website, or otherwise create a Rewards Program account, you may be required to provide certain personal information. If you do not provide the requested personal information, you may not be able to access or use the features of the Services where such personal information is requested.
Marvin’s Mary J also makes use of third-party cookies provided by Google to help track your web surfing activity in order to improve the quality and flow of Marvin’s Mary J’s website.
For your privacy, Marvin’s Mary J and third-party cookies are designed to not store personally identifiable data. Marvin’s Mary J does not store personal information in cookies, nor transmit personal information to third parties via cookies.
You are free to direct your web browser to delete cookies at any time. To learn how, consult your web browser’s user instructions. Note that if you delete your cookies, you may be required to sign into marvinsmaryj.com again, and stored browsing preferences you selected previously may be forgotten.
IP Address and Telemetry Data
When you visit us, our Internet servers automatically collect data about your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), which is the network address of your computer, phone, or other computing device. When you visit our website, we may also collect “click stream” or “telemetry” data, which is data about your web browser, and the web server and content you are trying to access. For example, our website may record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another website or a search engine); the pages you visit on our website; the website you visit after leaving our website; other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on our website or a referral website; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers. This information can be combined with information you have provided to us by registering as a Rewards Program customer, for example, which will enable us to analyze and better customize your visits. We may use telemetry data for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our servers, for traffic analysis or e-commerce analysis of our website, to help secure our systems, to customize our Services for you, or to determine which features of our site are most or least effective or useful to you.
Use of Your Information
We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including to identify you; verify your age; process payments for you; identify your location; facilitate transactions and/or communications, including marketing communications and Services-related communications with you; register you for Marvin’s Mary J services, such as a website, mobile application, delivery, or rewards account; maintain current information about your Services usage and accounts; track your accumulation of redeemable rewards based on your product purchase history and Services usage; protect our users, ourselves, our Services, and our affiliates from fraud, theft, hacking, phishing and other unlawful activities; analyze website traffic; diagnose technical problems in our Services; comply with laws and Marvin’s Mary J’s policies; conduct website and activity tracking, including Services optimization and personalization; and, generate and study analytics related to your usage of our Services.
Identify Verification, Service Improvement, and Cannabis Limit Enforcement
Many jurisdictions require careful verification of identity before allowing you to purchase cannabis products. When you use our Services, your government-issued identification card will be physically examined and electronically scanned in order to verify your age and your identification’s validity. Once your data has been scanned, your name, address, identification number, photo, and other data may be retained by Marvin’s Mary J for the purpose of analyzing your use of our Services, enforcing cannabis purchasing limits as required by some jurisdictions, creating an electronic profile about you in order to make future verifications of your identity easier, and to help us customize Services and experiences for you.
Photographic and audiovisual recordings of you inside and around of Marvin’s Mary J retail stores and delivery vehicles will be used for the purpose of maintaining physical security, identifying you, and complying with laws that require video surveillance.
You acknowledge that audiovisual and photographic recordings of you may be stored by Marvin’s Mary J and accessed by Marvin’s Mary J employees, government agencies at Marvin’s Mary J’s sole discretion at any time, for any purpose, with or without a legal order or subpoena, and without notice or financial compensation to you.
You permit Marvin’s Mary J to collect and use your debit, credit card, or other financial data you provide (“Payment Data”) in order to facilitate payments for Marvin’s Mary J Services and products at your request. In order to facilitate payments, your Payment Data may be transmitted to, stored at, and used by third parties for the purposes of processing your payment, analyzing your Payment Data for signs of fraud or criminal activity, and other functions required of third-party payment processors. While Marvin’s Mary J strives to only hire reliable third parties, you agree that Marvin’s Mary J cannot be held liable for how your Payment Data is used or retained or protected while it is in transit to, stored at, or used by third parties that process payments for you.
If you ask us to delete your data, note that Marvin’s Mary J cannot delete data stored at third party payment processors that must retain Payment Data in order to meet their own compliance requirements.
We may use web cookies in order to maintain your web browser’s website session, track your use of our website, and to store your preferences and selections. Third-party cookies from Google are also used to track your website usage, and to generate website usage analytics.
We collect your IP Address, location data advertised by web browsers and mobile devices, your physical address if you provide it to us, and similar location data to identify your location in order to provide location-based services, such as showing you Services or products available in your area, customizing in-store experiences, delivering products to you at your request, and analyzing your use of our Services. You understand that some of our Services require knowing your location in order to function properly, so if you disable location features of your computer, phone, or browser, some of our Services may become unavailable to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may analyze visits to our website and learn about the interests of our visitors in the aggregate and also on a personal level to better understand your interests and needs, so we can improve our products and Services and deliver to you the type of content, features and promotions that you are most interested in.
Disclosures in the Context of a Sale, Merger, Acquisition, Bankruptcy or Reorganization
Do Not Track
California’s “Do Not Track” Notice: “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) is a preference you can set in your web browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting information about you. Marvin’s Mary J’s website does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” settings. For further details regarding DNT, visit http://donottrack.us.
Marvin’s Mary J’s Services have reasonable security measures in place designed to prevent accidental loss of your personal information and from unauthorized access, use alteration, or disclosure of the information that we obtain from you. Such measures include, but are not limited to, access controls, monitoring, and the utilization of encryption to securely transmit sensitive information. Please keep in mind, however, that whenever you give out personal information online or at any store, there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information.
Marvin’s Mary J strives to protect your personal information and privacy, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose. By using the Services, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through the Services and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you to us is provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
Rights to Opt-In / Opt-out
You have the right to “opt in” and/or “opt out” of certain uses of your personal information. For example, you may have the opportunity to elect whether you would like to receive correspondence from us for marketing purposes.
To make an opt out request, send your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you receive a marketing email from us, you can also opt out of some features by clicking the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link in the email.
Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions, and communications with us.
Rights to Access and Control Your Information and Your Choices
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have choices about how your data is collected, used, and shared. You may be able to:
· Ask us to erase or delete some of your personal information in our possession (e.g., if it is no longer necessary for security, anti-fraud, compliance, or other obligations outlined in this Policy).
· Edit some of your personal information through your account on our website. You can also ask us to change, update, or fix your Services-related data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
· Ask us to stop using your personal information (e.g., if the Company has no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
· Ask us for a copy of your personal information
You can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com and we will consider your requests in accordance with applicable laws. In some cases, we may not be able to fulfill your request if it violates applicable laws or Marvin’s Mary J’s policies. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as checking your state-issued government I.D. card) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information at all times.
Note that opting out, or asking that your data be deleted, may disable your access to some or all Services, and result in the loss of any Marvin’s Mary J rewards points you may have accrued.
Privacy Rights for California Residents
California “Shine the Light” law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as California’s “Shine the Light” law, allows individual California resident customers who have provided their personal information to us in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use to request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Marvin’s Mary J does not share any personal information to any third-parties.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Disclosures
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) requires us to provide additional privacy-related information to residents of California.
The section entitled “Information Collection Practices” above lists the categories of personal information we have collected about California residents in the preceding 12 months. These categories of personal information correspond with the following categories of personal information provided under the CCPA:
· Identifiers including name, address, date of birth, age, gender, state of residence, e-mail address, telephone number, driver license or other government identification card information, customer account information, and IP address;
· Commercial information including financial data (which may include your credit card or debit card number), and other information required to purchase our products and Services;
· Internet or other electronic network activity information, including click stream or telemetry data or location data about your devices, browsers, and online behavior;
· Other personal information, including content you submit; audiovisual footage and images that we capture from our security cameras inside and around our retail locations; information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; and, other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, and inferences drawn from any of the information identified above reflecting your preferences and characteristics. Consistent with the section entitled “Information Collection Practices” above, personal information is provided directly by you (or by the devices you use) when you use our Services. The section entitled “Use of Your Information” above lists the business and commercial purposes for which we collect California residents’ personal information. As described above in the section entitled “Information Sharing,” we also share and/or disclose your personal information as follows:
· Sharing your personal information for business purposes. We may share the following categories of your personal information with subsidiaries, affiliated companies, subcontractors, service providers, third parties, public or government (including enforcement) authorities, creditors, and successors for our business purposes: government-issued identification card content; cannabis purchase histories; website preferences; debit or credit card details; and, contact information such as name, phone number, and email address. As described above, examples of business purposes include sending marketing messages to you, executing payment transactions, delivering products to you, registering your accounts, analyzing your purchasing histories, and maintaining and enhancing our Services.
· Sharing your personal information for commercial or other purposes. We may share the following categories of your personal information with third parties, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies in a manner that constitutes a “sale” under California law: government-issued identification card content; cannabis purchase histories; website preferences; debit or credit card details; and, contact information such as name, phone number, and email address. This information may be shared for the purposes of sending marketing messages, executing payment transactions, registering accounts, analyzing purchasing histories, executing product deliveries to you, and maintaining and enhancing our Services. Note that for the purposes of this paragraph, “sale” refers to any exchange of value, however, while an affiliate may gain value (in the form of knowledge) from analyzing the purchasing habits of customers (therefore constituting a “sale” under California law), Marvin’s Mary J does not sell your personal information to others for money.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
Subject to certain exceptions and qualifications, as a California resident you have the right to: (i) request access to your personal information; (ii) request deletion of your personal information; (iii) request information about the personal information about you that we have “sold” (as such term is defined under California law) to third parties within the past 12 months; and (iv) opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information, as detailed above.
· Exercising other California consumer rights. Should you wish to request the exercise of your other rights as detailed above with regard to your personal information, and to the extent allowed by applicable law, please contact us as outlined in the “Contact Us” section below. Note that we may need to take certain steps before executing any rights, including verifying your identity. Please indicate in your request that you are a California resident making a “California privacy rights” inquiry.
Notice of Financial Incentives
Marvin’s Mary J offers a rewards program that provides discounts when customers accrue points by purchasing Marvin’s Mary J products.
Access Notice in Alternative Formats
Individuals who need assistance accessing this Policy in an alternative format can do so by contacting Marvin’s Mary J as described in the Contact Us section below.
You agree that all claims arising out of or relating to this Policy or any related Marvin’s Mary J products or Services will be governed by California law, excluding California’s conflict of laws rules, and will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Santa Clara County, California, USA.
If any part of this Policy is found by a court to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the rest of the Policy will remain in effect.
If you would like to make a privacy-related request, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us via phone or regular U.S. mail at:
Marvin’s Mary J
2208 Needles Highway
Needles, California 92363
Last Updated: April 1, 2021